Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Monday,comparing prices

     I am so proud to me.  I came with in $20.00 of paying for our new lawn mower.  We were able to find one on sale for $450.00 and I had $430.00.  So I call that a success.  Now I need to sit down and balance books again today and figure out how much Hubbies over time was and put it in savings.
 

     I can not figure out why our grocery bill is so high.  I mean there is just the 2 of us and I look at how some of you are feeding families for $240.00 a month.   It seems hard for me to get through the week on $100.00.  So I took a careful look at what we normally buy.  1% milk, greek yogurt, fruit,cereal, seem to be the things that we but every time we go to the store.  I do not buy chips, or candy.  We do buy soda but I try to stock up when it is on sale. 

    I then compared prices of the products we do buy.  Greek yogurt is 2x the price of the store brand, but the protein content is so much higher, it keeps you satisfied longer, to me that is worth the price.  We also buy mixed salad greens and they are 2x as high as a big bag of iceberg lettuce, but again the flavor and vitamin count is so much better.  Hebrew franks versus the $1 store brand of (chicken part ) franks.  Do I have to justify this?  We eat only heavy seeded bread that is 100% Whole Wheat.  I try to buy fruit in season, but Hubby takes a piece every day in his lunch.  We also buy wheat chex or whole grain cereal's and they cost more.  So I guess our biggest problem is we buy for health and flavor and not for our pocketbook.

     I am just beginning to wonder if it is cheaper to buy store bought mixes and frozen pizzas?

     Anyway, my question is: Do you spend more for quality food?  If you do why?  Is it nutrition? Is it taste?

     I need to get cleaned up, I'm 1/2 way there, but have a wet head and no makeup on.  (I think I just scared my first customer:))

     The house needs a quick run through, the basement needs a fire hose, laundry needs to be caught up and I have sewing and books to do.  Don't even want to look at the ironing pile it is taking over the shop. I hope this week is as productive in the shop as last week.


Out My Window:  It was 98 degrees here on Friday and Saturday, it cooled down to 96 on Sunday.  This is such a hot September.  Everyone is getting grouchy.  Our large buildings cannot keep up with the demands and teachers and school children are melting.  No school system wants to run air conditioners.  We are all looking forward to fall weather.

     Have a great and productive day!

Kim

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar