Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

52 Weeks of Happy - Week Nineteen

Four simple things that have made me smile this week...........

1.  Greylag geese with their goslings by the lakeside at Trentham Gardens, they were so protective of their little ones.  I assume it is dad standing protectively whilst mum hovers over her little ones attentively, it could, of course, be the other way round.  Either way it was a delightful scene.

2.  Spring Flowers in the Italian Gardens and along the terrace at Trentham Gardens - I'm not usually particularly enamoured with orange flowers leaning more towards pinks, blues and lavenders or pure white flowers but somehow these tulips were so bright and cheerful in the sunlight I thought they looked stunning.

3.  A White Peacock at Wingfield Manor - as we stood waiting at the farm gate for our guides (see my last post) I heard a cry and said to Paul - 'that sounds like a peacock!'  When we got into the ruins there it was, I hadn't expected it to be white though.


4.  Hedgerow Blossom. I think this is Blackthorn or perhaps May blossom - of the saying 'Ne'er cast a clout 'till May is out' - well the blossom is out but after a sunny weekend last week, once again it is cold and wet, the heating  has been turned up and the jumpers are back on.  The gardens need the rain but I could do without it!  Still these photos remind me of how happy we were to be out and about walking in warm sunshine last weekend.

Link to  Little Birdie  where  '52 weeks of Happy' started. Each week you find just four things that have made you happy to share. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar