Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Eye Candy

Hello my dear readers.  How is your week going?  We're trundling along fine.  One thing that is making me a bit crazy is that the company that hosts my blog, which I do appreciate, but it's been very slow to show my posts in the blog list.  That is why I have my own blog in the list, is to see how soon it posts when I click "Publish".  It's taking longer and longer.  The one that showed up yesterday was almost 24 hours hidden in Blogger's "closet" before they allowed it to come out.  To say that frustrates me is an understatement.  I've noticed that some of my favorite blogs don't show up on the list until way after they posted.  I don't know what the answer is, but thought I'd talk about it.

Now.. to today's post.  I'm just having fun with flower fotos.  I converted a few of my recent photos into "watercolor" images using the "Waterlogue" app.  I thought this rather graphic image of one branch of a flower turned out neat.


Dayle accompanied me to a doctor's appt. yesterday then we went to lunch and had a salad, then home.  I did a walkabout in the yard checking the progress of my flowers.  This "Scentsation" rose is so pretty.  The two bugs are no extra charge.


A new bloom on one of our new Irises.. so pretty.


We planted this big pot with a lot of little annuals.. sweetly growing.



The Peruvian Lily aka Alstroemeria is doing very well.  I just love the eye catching variegated foliage.


These are also one of the longest lasting cut flowers there are.



The creek and waterfalls look so much nicer since our son Travis cleaned the creek bed and rocks.  We now have to cut back the creeping myrtle a bit.. you can hardly see Dayle's father's Chinese pagoda lantern.  



Someone mentioned in the comment section recently that it was nice of our son to come over and clean the creek bed.. for those of you who are new to reading my blog, Travis and his wife and two little boys live full-time here at the farm with us.  We have an old farmhouse and they have the upstairs which is 2 bedrooms and a bath.  They have been here two and a half years.  They moved in when our son's longtime job as a pressman at the The Oregonian newspaper was at an end due to the newspaper failing after continuously operating since 1850.  He since began a wonderful job in the engineering department at the Nabisco plant.  Now we're all enjoying sharing the farm and we help each other out so we're just happy being together.

See how clean the creek bed is.. you can see all the rocks.. I just love it this way.  



Dayle's garden sculpture is at the top of the creek.. a Chinese soldier.



My one Calla lily has opened up and is so pretty.


We have one Dahlia so far this year.. but a pretty pink lavender one.



The big hanging basket is filling out all the more.



The other basket is pretty too.



I also converted this Iris into a watercolor, too.. LOVE how this turned out.



And lastly, I converted one of the wave photos I took while we were at the beach.. wouldn't this be fun to paint?



I'm wondering how many days THIS post will take to post on the blog list?  :-)  The sun is back here after a few days of rain.  I'm happy we are having sunny days in between rainy one.. perfect as far as I can say.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar