A day or two before my wool haul yesterday I had been playing round with some blanket squares. I had a good range of colours which I had bought on Ebay and it has been a while since I have had a variety of colours to play with so I got hooking.

 
1)The first square is from Cherry Heart and I liked it but I think I did dtr in the corners and tr in the sides so I ended up with a wonky square. It used lots of treble clusters which used up lots of wool and at the time, the stash above, was all I was working with.
 
2)So then I designed my own square with a lime centre which was good (I did scribble it down for future reference) but I have already made a blanket out of squares so I carried on my search.
 
3) Next I went to Attic 24 for a hexagon tutorial. I did one in a single colour to see if I liked the shape. I found it easy to follow and fun to make.
 
4) Finally I did the multi coloured hexagon and was pleased with it. It weighed in at 8g so with the stash above I worked out I could make 30 - a pram blanket, a knee blanket, would I be scrimping with the border?
 
5)I also want to try the Granny rose one from Apple blossom Dreams but again, at the time I knew I needed more yarn.
 
 
Now of course I have a whole new 51 balls to go at which is the same yarn so the blanket can grow as I want it to.
 
 
Hooked up a few more colours...
 
 
 
Then a few more...

 
I am now officially in love with hexagons. Jo x