Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hurry Up Spring.





Have you noticed that strange time between seasons. It’s not winter but it’s definitely not spring. A limbo time when life feels strangely out of kilter. Returning from Amsterdam I’m finding it hard to become motivated. Nature, which is usually the energising force in my life, feels in limbo too.

Looking around the garden and out on my walks, everything has a slightly frizzled feel. If that’s a word. I’m waiting for that lovely green smell that comes with spring and all that regrowth. So far nothing. Icy air is still caressing my face with it’s frigid fingers. The gloves are firmly on and the coat and hood still in place.

Foolishly I went running yesterday without my gloves. The first 3k was  disastrous  as my fingers winced with cold. After that, feeling returned and by the end of the run I was too warm.



Indoors I’m continuing with a winter regime of knitting and reading. My cardigan is almost completed . Just one more sleeve and the button border to finish. Meanwhile I’m galloping through books to make up for the lack of sunshine. Like many of you I thoroughly enjoyed 'Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine' by Gail Honeyman. Read in several large sessions of binge reading. Lots of laugh out loud moments, interspersed with pathos. If you haven’t read it do give it a go. 


Another excellent read was Nocturne:Five Stories Of Music And Nightfall by Kazuo Ishiguro. I’m not normally a short story reader but Ishiguro is such a great writer, it was worth giving them a go. In fact they were perfect reading for travelling. Each story was just the right length for an hour long plane flight.

So I have several more posts to concoct for you from my Amsterdam travels. I need to open my laptop and sort out the photos first. You know how it is. On the kitchen table a seed propagator sits looking at me, willing me to get going. Monty ( Gardener's World) will be back on TV tomorrow evening and I haven’t got my tomato seeds in yet. He won’t be pleased.

All I need is a little blue sky and some warming sun. Not too much to ask for, I’m sure. Meanwhile I’m going back to my knitting and continue to read my latest book, 'The Cruellest Month' by Louise Penny. Another Inspector Gamache whodunnit. I’m totally hooked on this series.


So how is life with you? Are you in limbo too, or are your seeds all planted and Spring arrived in your corner?

Barbara xxx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar