Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Maris and Broad Bean Soup

We recently ate a lovely meal at Maris, with a friend who was out from London for his mother's funeral.   I do love this little intimate restaurant, with its marble topped tables,  fantastic sommellier, bread which comes complete with whipped French butter and something olivey, beautiful big glasses and a lovely buzzy busy feel.



I had a superb piece of grilled black Angus rib eye steak, perfectly cooked.  And for desert a banana meringue with soft ice cream and something passionfruity.  But the very best was the entree, a simple green vegetable soup. 

Since that time I have been searching to replicate the spring green freshness of this soup. I have tried soup with zucchini, broccoli, potato, all to no avail.   I hit pay dirt with this recipe,  which is simplicity itself.

Ingredients

A cup of podded broad beans
A cup of frozen or fresh peas
Half a cup (or maybe more) of thickened cream
Half a cup (or maybe less) of chicken stock



Method

Bring a large pot of water to the boil.  Add some sea salt, the broad beans and the peas (I put the peas in a sieve so you can retrieve them earlier if needs be).   Simmer until both are cooked.  Pod the broad beans and put all ingredients in a food processor.  Add as much cream or stock as is necessary to get a thick consistency. Reheat gently.







This soup is completely perfect for Spring.  Enjoy! 

Maris on Urbanspoon

 



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar