Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Memorial Day Thoughts and a question, " Where Have All Book Bloggers Gone"?


This weekend we take time to remember the brave men and women, both past and present, who served our country.   Thank you.

How do you plan to spend Memorial Day weekend; do you have any rituals?

We started off our weekend delivering flowers to (4) different cemeteries in the area.  My parents, grandparents and aunts and uncles are at one cemetery buried in a large family plot, while both of my brothers are buried in (2) different cemeteries in the area. My husband also had a friend who passed away last year so we also brought flowers to his grave at a 4th cemetery.

Monday my son is having a cookout and our whole family will be together so I'm looking forward to that as well.


As many of my remaining, loyal readers have witnessed, after nearly (10) years of blogging (mid June-2008) my posts have decreased dramatically as have my comments on your blogs (and for this I am sorry).  Life, grandchildren and priorities in general are the reasons for the most part. I still love books, reading and learning what others think about the books they've read but, posting and commenting sometimes feel like a job for which I'm not getting paid and as a result now take a lower priority. LOL

I was shocked when I went through the list of blogs that I've followed and read over the years, amazed to find that over 150 of the blogs I had read at one time or another are now defunct or haven't posted in several years.  Is this a new trend, the loss of book bloggers everywhere?  Have you noticed this as well?

Today I deleted all of the defunct blogs from my blog roll and posted links on my sidebar to the blogs I seem to read on a regular basis.  PLEASE let me know if I missed a link to your blog or deleted you, my regular commenters, in error -- I'll want to amend that.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this subject.

Enjoy Your Weekend!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar