l-r: e.l.f. Pink Passion, NARS Angelika, Laura Mercier Rose Desire, Tarte Dollface
Tarte Dollface is a light-to-medium, slightly cool pink that imparts a rosy flush. There is a slight sheen to the finish but it applies and appears mainly matte. e.l.f. Studio Blush in Pink Passion is brighter, lighter and more blue-toned. NARS Blush in Angelika is more red with silver sparkles. Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Rose Desire (from the Lingerie Eye & Cheek Palette) is extremely similar, I would say a near dupe, maybe just a touch more fuchsia and fractionally lighter.
I wish I could be more excited about Dollface, but I find my enthusiasm significantly dampened by the fact I have three other blushes in my collection that are nearly identical (Pink Passion, once on the cheeks, gives pretty much the same effect as Dollface, despite looking sufficiently different in the swatch). More problematic is the fact I find pink blushes generally harder to wear for my skin tone than peaches and softer corals. I always feel that they demand an absolutely flawless base to look good, otherwise the colour can emphasise any redness in the face and appear a bit patchy and not perfectly blended. Unintentionally overdoing it can result in a ruddy look suggestive of skin in distress rather than a sweet, "doll-like" flush.
I'm also not convinced by the "12 hour" wear claims. Maybe I'm just using it too lightly, but I don't find Dollface to last significantly longer than the majority of blushes I own. After 4-5 hours it's faded and by the end of the day (around the 10 hour mark), I can't detect much left on my cheeks. The texture of Tarte blushes is on the dry, hard side as opposed to more powdery and soft like Illamasqua or theBalm, though the pigment of Dollface is looser and much easier to pick up on my brush than Exposed, the surface of which has seemingly sealed, though that might just be the one I have.
A definite plus to the two Tarte blushes I've tried is once applied, they impart a kind of lit-from-within radiance to the complexion, which is generated free of any shimmer or dewiness. The shades are mainly matte but they remain brightening rather than dull and flat. The blushes also meld very naturally with the skin, as if the colour is coming from underneath, as opposed to sitting on top.

0 Yorumlar