guarding the gardens........
(2013)
withstanding the harshest dirt storms, extreme heat,
freezing snow
the scariest thunderstorms, with blowing rain and lightning,
and once had a nest of wasps in her head.
(2014)
But each year I find a new outfit for her to wear
(purchased at the thrift store)
(2015)
as you can see from the photos.....
she started out skinny as a stick
(2016)
and through the years, she has filled out. Her body has dropped
and sagged and her head has cracked..........
and she has needed some repair............
(2017)
now here is Gertrude
she has moved from the back gardens, to the front
pumpkin patch. I love to be able to look out the window
and to be able to see my flowers and pumpkins growing!
Now, it is nice to also see Gertrude looking like a country
gardener , in the shade of the crooked and twisted mesquite
tree.........always keeping watch on whatever I choose to
grow.
So tell me..........who is keeping watch over your garden?
I would love to hear!

0 Yorumlar