The beautiful parrot tulips have 'flown', I knew they would not stay
forever. The wildflowers are still holding their own though and with a quick trim
and fresh water they were ready for new blooms, this time from the garden.
A spray of my favorite George L. Taber azalea for height, and a bunch of
creamy pink and rose voluptuous double or peony tulips, bulbs purchased from
Costco and planted last Winter. There are so many tulips to choose from and
have to say Costco's prices were quite remarkable for fancy ones such as these.
I used to always order from catalogs and spent a small fortune - these were not
expensive. Some are in pots gracing the walkway to the front steps, others are
in a raised bed along with daffodils and bluebells. I cut just five as I do like to
have to say Costco's prices were quite remarkable for fancy ones such as these.
I used to always order from catalogs and spent a small fortune - these were not
expensive. Some are in pots gracing the walkway to the front steps, others are
in a raised bed along with daffodils and bluebells. I cut just five as I do like to
see them growing in the garden.
Tulips are stunning flowers. For many, many years I've always planted traditional
standard one color tulips, usually the late blooming tall Darwin, Cottage or
Mayflowering - although they bloom in April here in the southeast.
Many shades of pink, golden yellow and the darkest purple 'Queen of the Night'
were favorites, always gorgeous and perfect for cutting, their tall stems being
sturdy and resistant to Spring storms. Sadly tulips are not perennial in my
area, Summers being much too hot, humid and dry. Now and then they will pop
up the following year but are never as beautiful as in that first bloom year.
Do you have a favorite tulip?
Do you grow them in your garden, or perhaps in pots?







0 Yorumlar