Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thumbelina's vase on Monday

I have a vase in miniature today.  The flowers are tiny, the vase, made by potter John Maltby, is tiny and yet I think it has all the joy and presence of one of our usual Monday vases.  The flowers are yellow lady's bedstraw, blue germander speedwell, a single common bent grasss, pignut and the strange grey-white flowerhead of Calocephalus brownii, a member of the aster family and a native of Australia.  I have seen it growing wild along the shore in Melbourne, but this plant has been in one of my winter flower pots and has now stretched out to produce these curious pinhead shaped flowers.  They were the inspiration for this Thumbelina sized vase.
And because I can finally pick enough sweet peas to make up a small vase, here are a few fragrant beauties on Monday too.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar