I wanted to make some for a small gift for my Mum and had dried out all of the lavender from the garden which is one of her favourite things.
The smell was a real delight.
There was enough of the soap compound to make 12 soaps, so I cut it into quarters to make three at a time.
The compound was cut into small pieces and placed into a microwavable jug and microwaved at 10 second intervals. It didn't take long to melt at all and then I added a small amount of the fragrance and poured into the mould.
I then added the lavender, with hindsight I was a little too generous. Once it was cooled it was left in the fridge for another hour and then removed from the mould.
It was a fun pastime without the worry of chemicals making the soap yourself. I will definitely be getting some more soap compound so than I can experiment with the additions. Pearl or opaque soap can be made by adding talcum powder. Some additions such as oatmeal or ground almonds can be added to make it a body scrub. It would be nice to experiment to make some toppers for Christmas gifts.
See you soon.

0 Yorumlar