Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Once it's gone, it's gone.

The two young masons who have been landed on me to carve the two large panels I designed are beginning to get down to details, where their true ability will become apparent. One is bordering on acceptable for a first effort, and the other has come close to destroying his piece. He has changed it beyond redemption now, but so subtly that I don't know if he knows what he has done. It is very nerve-wracking.

This should not have been their first effort - each one represents about £10,000 when finished, but it sort of got out of my hands. Like I say, they were forced on me. The title of this post relates to the removal of material in carving. I wish I could show you photos.

Even though the choice of carvers was out of my control, what they do is supposed to be under my control. How the hell did I let this situation come about?

I now have to visit every day to make sure they don't fuck-up completely. I am looking forward to the weekend.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar